Sunday, April 10, 2005

My Cup of Woes for Today!

"If you don't see this blog or see only half of it, don't blame me, blame my router"


This blog has moved to a new location!

Actually only its owner has. And as with every change in life, comes a new set of problems. My new apartment is fine, pricey ,but close to work. Not much of a night life after say 7(infact,even the grocery stores are closed), but hey I'm no casanova. And there is no way that I'm going to be at the office @7 if I start experiencing the night life.

But the one thing that really gets to me is the internet connectivity. The apartment does provide me with a free internet connection, dsl modem et all,but it literally took us(my roomie and myself) 3 hours to decipher the "encrypted" instructions for the modem. Finally we managed to connect the dsl modem, phone line, router and computer. With all the connections being made correctly, the least we expected was the get some data out, but alas our hopes were dashed. Big deal, we thought, we have phone numbers of the router and dsl company, one quick call and everything will be solved. Anyways, 3 hours , 5 phone calls later, we finally managed to get it to
work. I was pretty overjoyed, happy to know that my major source of news, entertainment, communication, was up and running again. But obviously, its my destiny that I would still have to wait for net nirvana. My router seems to have a mind of its own, every other minute it decides that I am not worthy enough of another byte of data.

I'm sick and tired of listening to the router guy asking to change settings, leaves me frustrated to the core. Reading mail takes me as much time as it would take me to strip and put back the computer.

And that is the reason for my poor blog rate. And if any of you guys who do accidentally read this post and do have a lil bit of knowledge of networking and routers , please do leave a comment around. All help will be much appreciated.

I'm done with this post now, not sure if my router will let me get it out, so please don't blame me if you don't see a post.

4 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha.. do you actually config your router? if so, what company equip is it? (I ask bcos over here, configuring router is company's problem, only modem comes to home)..mebbe some notes on the internt will help

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Deepak said...

Well, the router is configurable , its a Belkin (@!?$&#$!!) router. The modem and router come from different people and that just adds to the confusion.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha... congrats da deepak, ur post is alive , its not DEAD! It always takes time to configure router for wireless but never heard anyone struggling this much for a lan connection

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee! my advice throw this one and get a new router, if you still have the problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home