Friday, March 11, 2005

What a Day!

My roomie and myself go to sign the lease for the new apartment after finishing work. After that, we headed to the train station to catch the brown line back home. Now the brown line isn't usually that full even during rush hour, well maybe you don't get a seat but there is still space to stand. But things were different yesterday, the train was literally packed to the doors, moreover they were running late. Two trains passed by and there wasn't even enough space to put a foot inside....we then decided to head to the red line since that is faster and more frequent. Anyways time wasted 30 mins.

Now we walk 4 blocks to the red line station and wait for the train. I hear a distant rumbling sound and think that our train has arrived...turns out its the train going the other direction, well in 5 mins I hear another sound, again another different train. Well anyway, 7 trains going the other direction passed us before our train decided to show up! And again the blood thing is packed ! Again we skip it! With no other colored trains to go to, we decide to wait it out there. Well...another one does pop sometime later(15 trains have already gone the other direction) and this one is a little bit less crowded. we manage to squeeze in and head home. Time Wasted 45 mins.

Now finally, we get home....me in a hurry to answer nature's call, when I discover that my keys decided to disappear. I usually pop it in my bag when I leave in the morning. A "thorough" search doesn't reveal any keys and so with resignation I call the after hours desk of my apartment. The sweet lady tells me its going to cost me 50 bucks. My only other option being camping out in 20 deg F temperature outside, I agree. (Like I have a choice!). Well, she tells me the building engineer will be there in 30 mins. With nothing else to do, we head out and grab some dinner.

Now the building engineer takes his own sweet time and decides to show up at 8. He opens the door and asks me for the cheque. And while I'm writing out the cheque , he says he will get me a spare key. I take out my cheque book and write out a cheque and being totally disgusted with life , throw my bag towards a corner...and Out pop my keys. All I can scream out is "F***"!!

5 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one... atleast to read.. Its amazing isnt it.. how life at times can be so excrutiantingly exciting :)) !! Thank goodness.. they dint have keys for toilet doors..

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SSN CSE junta had a chat meeting on Yahoo this sunday and you were missing out.. will be resuming next sunday.. see if u can fit in

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Deepak said...

excrutiating yes, exciting no way!!!

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger senthil natarajan said...

dei dead, time and over you prove yourself da. Nice to read though!

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello hello any plans of updating ur blog? move ur butt a bit u lazy bum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home