Thursday, June 02, 2005

Airport Trouble!

Had a pretty good weekend. A long weekend after a long time is always well appreciated. Bharathi was in chicago for the weekend. Seeing him after a long time made me very happy. As always, when you have him around, something is bound to happen and this time was no different.

I woke up groggy eyed on tuesday at 5.30 am. I was all, but certain that Bharathi wouldn't have woken up for his 7.30 flight. I gave him a call and was quite surprised, that not only had he woken up ,but was also ready to leave. Obviously I thought, somebody has been having a good influence on him after a long time.

About 30 mins later, I get a call from the man himself asking me a simple and innocent question "Machan, do you think southwest airlines flies from O'Hare Airport , because I dont' see a sign for Southwest Airlines". Turns out that "Mr Responsible" didn't check which airport the flight takes off from. I checked his email, and after digging through several cancellations and flight bookings, managed to find the right email which said that the flight departs from Midway airport!! Now Midway airport lies all the over at the other end of the city.

Now that he had found the right airport, it was only a small matter of driving across the city of chicago to get to Midway airport. And only then does our friend realise that he is actually sitting in a rental car which has to be returned at O Hare. Luckily he remembered this inconvenience at Ohare and not at Midway and took a taxi. All things said, he still managed to get to the flight. I wonder how he does it. Some people never change I guess.

Well, his trip had more interesting experiences but I will leave them for later.And Bharathi, if you ever do make it to this page, I'm sorry but this one was too good to be left out.

4 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bharathi==confusion....you should have known it earlier da.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Saravana said...

Machi r both you guys in Chicago .... Seems like many of our guys frm SSN r @ chicago ...

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Deepak said...

illa da, bharathi is in seattle, he just came for the weekend. Manoj, Suman and Kamesh live in chicago.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Saravana said...

Good da ... what r they all doing da ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home