Thursday, October 14, 2004

SETI@home

I finally downloaded SETI@home , have been wanting to do it for such a long time, but don't know why it too me such a long time. My usual laziness is the main suspect I guess. Anyway, I'm happy that I'm atleast contributing something to some important research! SETI has always interested me, coz I feel its probably the single most directed effort to solve the biggest questions of our existence. We as a human race may have made immense progress over the ages, we can now send up man to the moon and machines to mars and dig up the deepest trench in the ocean, but we still don't know why we are here! Sometimes I wonder why we live the way we do, man toils his entire life and achieves what he thinks is something valuable and one fine day his life is over. We seem to live to fulfill our ambitions and goals in life, but is that really significant or does it matter at all in the grand scheme of things ??? I could go on and on....but there is no solution, the more you think of it , the more you see how helpless you are. I will probably never know if extra terrestrial life exists or what was the origin of life. Sometimes , I guess its more easier to accept things as they are and flow with the crowd....and that is what I will do!

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Saravana said...

Machi if you want to know the purpose of life, you don't have to do ask those ETs da .... I'm there near you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home