Friday, October 08, 2004

Lou Dobbs and India!

For the uninitiated, Lou Dobbs hosts a show on CNN every weeknight. He is what I call the "self proclaimed knight in shining armour against outsourcing". An extremely conservative guy who takes pride in bashing up china ,india and every other developing country for its economic growth.

I understand that outsourcing is a touchy subject and I would probably feel pissed off too if my job was taken away just because somebody else is doing it for cheap. But I think Lou Dobbs just goes crazy with it. Take for example, this story that ran on wednesday. They were talking about outsourcing animation work to India. They start out the story from South Korea, would you believe that..... the republic of South Korea, it turns out that the work was being outsourced to South Korea from the 70's and is now being sent to India, and that is supposed to be bad for Americans.....

I have no clue as to why that is supposed to be bad for the American economy, if anything it should be the South Koreans who should be complaining. His India , China bashing has reached such a stage, that it doesn't even affect me anymore, I feel its kinda funny to a certain extent! Yesterday, Argentina happened to be the target of Mr Dobbs's crusade, and this is a classic..he says "Companies in Argentina succeed because labor costs are cheaper than costs in India", does that mean he supports India now???

And some people feel, that he should be voted president...God save the world!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home