Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Kite Runner

Have picked up a reading habit in the last couple of months. I tended to waste too much time on the Internet and this seemed to be a more useful diversion. I just finshed reading a book called "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. This book came highly recommened and rightfully so. It's a very simple, well thought out story but quite depressing. But that I guess is the beauty of the book. It keeps coming back to haunt you. Its quite interesting how the sad stories always leave their mark behind, you never tend to forget them easily. Well, definitely read it, if you get a chance. I'm now off the the 1400 page magnum opus by Vikram Seth called "A Suitable Boy".

3 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dei idiot call me da..412-268-3411

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suitable boy! Boy-oh-boy, just finished that. Definitely was a put downable book for me! :)

Try J Archer's short stories or if you are into imaginative ones start with Harry potter! :)

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Padma said...

Kite Runner really good one by Khalid Houssemni...simple but really gud with the plot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home