Thursday, October 06, 2005

Why does every post need a title

Alright,alright fine....if want it so badly, here it is...but stop the phone calls, stop the comments and the emails! :-P ..a bit cheeky for someone who is posting after two month but who cares. I do appreciate the people who have been regularly checking though, and for the ones who haven't( sitemeter never lies ) I'll put in my best effort to see that you blogs don't rank high with the google spiders!

The past couple of months have been a complete whirlwind of activity. Was pretty much swamped with work and if that wasn't enough I've been taking stock/option trading classes that are being offered by my company. I still remember April 28th 2004, I had just walked out of my final Programming Language Principles class, thinking that this would be my last and final (crappy)exam. But here I am, back again, two classes a week, assignments , quizzes et al.

I used to think that there isn't much to trading, after all you buy when its cheap and sell when its high. Quite easy isn't it.. But the extent to which it is an exact science is quite mind boggling. I never had an idea that things would be so complicated. The class itself feels like an advanced calculas class, and whenever there is math ivolved, only seven words ring in my ears. "Deepak, will you pass in the exam ? ". These prophetic words were uttered my none other than my first year maths teacher and this single statement was enough to shatter whatever little confidence I had in myself, that I could somehow come to terms to whatever mathematics had to offer. I still remember struggling to make any sense out of the maths question paper that year and praying that her words don't come true. I was lucky enough pass with a stamp!

Enough about the math, I was lucky enough to be in sacramento a couple of weeks back to welcome the newest member of my family - Samhita. My sister gave birth to a cute little girl on the 23rd, just a day before my nephew's birthday ! Pictures of my neice are up here, where among other things you will see me clumsily holding the baby and praying that I don't drop her! That is probably the only eventful thing that happened between my last post and now.

@Nawaz - You asked about my comments on the Ganguly affair..I say chuck him out,chuck dalmiya, chuck bhajji...actually chuck everyone one out, shutdown cricket till tendulkar comes back and follow American football till then.

Well..thats it, feels good to be writing again. Enjoy guys!!

4 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats da... you have become uncle again. So you have another competitor... ha ha ha...
follow american football... nawaz would rather follow some other ball.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Saravana said...

Good da you've become a mama :D .. btw who's the first year math teacher, is it at ssn

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger mayavi said...

dei..vennai congrats.. the pics were nice.. da.. baby is too cute..da :-))
hm..die..machi..teach me stocks da..naye.. i want to know more abt it da..

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger senthil natarajan said...

dei.... dawg... one post for a month policy a da?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home